Search whispered words

Monday, April 1, 2013

It is just who I am

This pictorial of procrastination can just have my face added to that body. This is my life. Example? I had a week off from classes, have small assignments, papers to write, readings to do, and huge projects to research, start and send in. What did I do? I sat on my ass and read a good 9 books that were not required, far from it. Oh woe is me. I did do my small assignments and papers, but the bigger projects I didn't even touch and my slightly larger reading and paper due this morning, I stayed up until 3:30am to work on it and to also fun read. Did I finish in time? OF COURSE I DID!! I finished it and submitted it before the deadline while sitting in the class prior. Oh geez. You'd think I would learn and do things ahead of time, but I am the biggest proponent of denial and excuses.
This drives Maximus crazy because I do let things at home fall by the wayside for the time being, and I get stressed out, but he knows I will get it all done, on time, and still manage to get a good grade. I work well under pressure. But sorry, Honey, for the shit you have to go through since my Mom gave me Procrastination as a middle name.

The miracle? I have accepted and embraced this flaw that encompasses my being and use it to my distinct advantage. Actually, I have no idea what the advantage is; there really isn't one, but I don't beat myself up about it anymore. Well, most days I don't. I just make sure to enjoy the things I am doing that contribute to my procrastination

No comments:

Post a Comment