Search whispered words

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gone with the Wolf


I give Kristin Miller’s Gone with the Wolf 4 ½ stars!! This book has it all from the rich, mysterious, drop-dead sexy man to the beautiful, no-nonsense, speaks her mind woman to sibling rivalry, to werewolves and fated soul mates.  Emelia and Drake captured my being and didn’t let go. You know a book is good when the characters have weaseled their way into your heart and your emotions are just as intense as theirs.

Emelia, Drake, and Silas are realistic to their surrounding environments, making this tale involving werewolves believable. Emelia, being full of sarcasm and wit from working tooth and nail to keep her bar from crumbling, Drake being full of logic and reasoning from hundreds of years in the business world and numbers and investments, yet having to deal with new feelings that consume him, and Silas being full of contempt, dripping with hatred from not having what is “rightfully” his from the moment his father died.
The reason I didn’t give it 5 stars? Only because I would have personally liked a more in depth turning point at the climax of the story.

Kristin Miller’s use of language is phenomenal throughout the entire book! Not repetitive, finding new words and phrases to draw you in to each scene, emotion, conflict, and character. Her writing gives the book the perfect amount of personality and flare.

Kristin, Thank You! for this wonderful story and the characters that will now reside in my heart, joining the other characters from my other favorite books.



(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! So glad you enjoyed it!
    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete