Search whispered words

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Voodoo for Two


I give Elle James’ Voodoo for Two 3 stars. It was a decent book with an interesting plot line in which the sexy bayou beauty, Lucie, weaves a tangle of webs when she casts a Love Spell on the town’s perfect, rich, romantic, politician, Eric. Of course, it can’t be so simple when her ex-boyfriend from seven years ago, Ben, comes storming back into her life at the same time she is trying to grasp a proposal from Eric. Her world just keeps getting more and more chaotic when tempers fly and emotions run hot. To top it off, there is someone looking to take Eric, and anyone he cares, about to their grave.
It seems to me that this book has a lot to offer (and it does), but, unfortunately, there is still too much potential, too many things left undone that leaves me feeling dissatisfied with the book overall.
There were also several points in the plot that seem too far-fetched to be considered plausible in anyway. (aka, the allusive ladybug that somehow seems to keep making appearances when they are looking for it).
The reactions between Ben and Lucie are also a little off kilter in the beginning of the book when they first make their initial interactions after having been separated (and supposedly hating) each other for seven long years. Don’t get me wrong, they were always hot and steamy, but in the category of stretching the believable.

I enjoyed the Elle James’ writing and her creativity with words and imagery that brought scenes to life. I found this extremely imperative for someone who is not familiar with Cajun culture.


(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review)

No comments:

Post a Comment