Search whispered words

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hello LAlaland Review



Hello LAlaland
By Madi Merek



We all know my love-hate relationship with novellas. I still love the characters and their story and I hate how little time I get to spend with them.
I am always wanting more! Yes, I get that would defeat the purpose of a novella.
That was, until Ms. Merek entered the scene and gave us a novella that I only love! (No hate associated in this relationship)
Hello LAlaland is the story of Winifred Chapman-Jensen (dang how she hates the reference to her married name) recently divorced, mother to little Walt and fashion designer extraordinaire attending her ten year class reunion.
Back in the city she despises, she happens to run into her high school crush, Anthony Ricci, at the airport, giving him no indication that she knows who he is. Tony (he goes by that now?) is interested and she walks away promising to call him for the "tour", swiftly followed by a vixen wink.

The dreaded trip to LA has now turned into a sick twist of fate.

A wonderful, delicious, intoxicating connection between Winn and Tony leads to something neither expected, both desired and one completely runs from.
What will happen if Winn gives into what Tony longs for? What if she latches on to her own control and determination and doesn't give in?

Madi's writing is phenomenal and she has been able to give me everything I desire in novellas; a more in-depth, personal connection to the characters. A back story, the present and the future.
Not only that, but she has pulled on the heart strings of the teenage girl inside. I mean, who doesn't have that crush that you only dream about snatching up?! Hello LAlaland was like the answer to my teenage girl dreams.


No other words left except for
GO GET IT!!

Amazon / B&NKobo


1 comment:

  1. I love how you picture Wini and Tony. Seriously. Thanks for the awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete