Search whispered words

Friday, May 24, 2013

Gambling on Love


Where to start with my praise for Gambling on Love? How about with giving Nancy and Patti 5 well-deserved stars for this wonderful work! I don’t normally read historical fiction, but Jake McCade and Felicity Beaumont instantly captured my attention and heart right from the first page. As their partnership for transporting Miss Beaumont’s father’s slaves (no longer slaves in her eyes, but free thanks to Mr. Lincoln) turns things horrible for Mr. McCade, the story takes an unexpected turn. Felicity and Jake must remain in each others company for an agreed upon amount of time.
I found myself inching closer and closer to my book while reading, maybe in hopes of submerging myself in their story and their journey. Felicity is an amazingly strong woman who cares for everyone she comes in contact while Jake doesn’t believe in love and is content to running his gambling riverboat. It would be wonderful to have these two in your life in real life.
Nancy and Patti do a wonderful job of keeping to the time period in which Gambling on Love takes place, and I can only imagine how much extra time and effort was placed into their story to be extremely accurate.
Adding this book to my “Must Read Again!” pile as well as my recommended list!!
Thank you ladies for this wonderful story of two amazing people.


(I received an ARC for my honest review and this is my honest to goodness, straight from the heart review!)

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gambling-Love-Entangled-Scandalous-ebook/dp/B00CK51J9E/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1371487719&sr=1-1&keywords=gambling+on+love

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gambling-on-love-nancy-fraser/1115213928?ean=9781622661701



3 comments:

  1. Anne, thanks so much for the wonderful review! We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Patti said. We're glad you liked the book and hope you'll enjoy the rest of the McCade Legacy as well. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to read what comes next!! I am hoping on a story between Zach and Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete