Search whispered words

Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Summer I Became a Nerd

I truly enjoyed the story of Wonderful Wendy and Awesome Logan, AKA Maddie and Logan. Such a sweet, innocent, and inspiring story about the troubles of high school, popularity and the precarious line teenagers walk in trying to find their true selves. Not only that, but being happy with themselves no matter what. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller earns 4 stars from me!
I was rooting right from the beginning for Maddie to look past the superficial popular life she has built for herself and to be happy with the thing she was most passionate about; the thing that would label her a nerd and a joke to everyone else. And then I rooted for Logan to obtain what his heart desired. These two made an interesting pair as their summer revealed pasts and truths at the most inconvenient times that sent them on a completely different path than either of them could have ever imagined.
A good, wholesome book about the travesties and insecurities of young adults and that high school is just a blip in the grand scheme of life.






No comments:

Post a Comment