Search whispered words

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Breaking Point and Playing the Game

I have finally reached a point I never thought I would reach. 
Maybe it has to do with the changes happening around me. 
Maybe it has to do with the stress.
Maybe it has to deal with my procrastination.
Either way, I am over school and have come to the mindset that it is pointless for me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot and I know there is always something that can be learned and applied, however, my specific classes right now don't necessarily have anything to do with what I am going to do with my career. Thankfully, next semester is all geared towards writing and I will most likely be sick of it by then, but right now?
I have no motivation to finish off the last few assignments, putting in the time and effort to do them well. Actually, that's a lie. I do have motivation that involves not failing my classes (which isn't close, but a low grade would feel like it) and not having my time in class and engaging with the discussions a complete waste. But to me, that's not what school is supposed to be about. School is supposed to be about learning something and enjoying that learning. No, it won't always be enjoyable, but I do like learning. Then what's wrong? 
The problem is the hoops that have to be jumped through to get a college degree that really is just the equivalent of a high school diploma nowadays is becoming very very depressing and pressing down on my love of the English language. 
And doesn't knowing someone,having connections, and networking worth more weight than your college education when it comes to getting a job? Yup.
Like I said, not an idiot, and I will be getting my degree. 
But I realize that I must play the game of both the classroom and the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment