Search whispered words

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Request Granted

My Bonus Dad (step-father) requested that I start posting my personal opinions again and not just book reviews. So here I am, posting life things because I am in a fired up mood and writing is always the best outlet.
You know that moment when someone says something, something that never happens to you, but they say it anyways and just a short while later, that one thing that never happens to you, FREAKING HAPPENS?!?! UGH!
Well, here's my story.
After taking a nice long hour drive to my in-laws to drop off the munchkin for the weekend (this is late at night, btw), just to turn around and come right back home, my father-in-law says "Don't get a speeding ticket." My response: "Oh never."
So, of course, it is inevitable that I will get a speeding ticket on the way home. It doesn't matter that I haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 19, the charge was dropped and doesn't even register as a speeding ticket and I haven't been pulled over once since then. No, that doesn't make one ounce of difference.
So what happens? I miss my turn onto the highway while chatting away with my sister on the phone, which means I have to turn around, eating up 15 minutes of my precious time heading home and it just so happens that in that window of time, the cop that, YES! PULLS ME OVER! had been sitting in his super sneaky catch-em-because-I'm-a-cop spot. And I was speeding. Those damn hills that just drop, causing you to feel like a free fall. Doesn't matter that I was braking, I still reached a point of MPH that caused him to pull me over.
BUT! That is not the end of it! As I was pulling out all the necessary paperwork, I realized my insurance card expired 2 days ago. Damn. Well, that's better than the month it usually takes me to realize and switch it out since those cards get sent to me way to early and I misplace them in the 4 weeks I have it. Anyways...
End of Story: Pulled over for a total of 10 minutes, was polite, didn't play dumb (yes, I knew I was pulled over for speeding. Just admit it and take responsibility for the choices you make, people!!), and Officer Kirby let me go without a ticket :)
So, maybe the inevitable didn't quite happen, but the fact that I was still pulled over for speeding was quite ironic and hilarious all at the same time. Maximus sure thought it was great.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds more like the Anne I know and love. I find these stories much more entertaining. And, shame on Maximus for finding your dilemma so amusing, although I get where he is coming from :) HINT: go ahead and put the new insurance card in your car. Don't wait until the effective date. Oh, and don't get anymore tickets (I hope that didn't jinks you again.) Say "hi" to Maximus and my favorite munchkin for my. Love from your B-Dad.

    ReplyDelete