Search whispered words

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Love Me


I give Diane Alberts’ Love Me 4 stars! This story of Thomas and Brianna is more close to reality and less-than-picture-perfect life than most. Both holding secrets, resentments still boiling, and barriers securely in place to keep others out, it was inevitable that Thomas and Brianna would clash and break each other down. Thomas, with his inability to want to love again, the impact his cheating ex-wife had on him with her negative words and her enjoyment in his suffering, he never wanted to be put in a vulnerable position with someone else again. Brianna, suffering from a love lost and a life that she is positive would set any man running in the opposite direction, and never believing she would find love twice in one life time, she keeps her distance from men.
Thrown into a business contract together, they find themselves in a situation they can’t seem to escape.
When I first received this book to review, I knew I had to read Try Me (the first to this series) before I jumped into this one. Even though I adored Jeremy and Erica and their deep love for each other, I found myself more drawn to Thomas and Brianna. They are both so tortured and raw from what life had dealt them over the last several years and their emotions continually run hot and cold towards each other, what they feel and the things they go through together are so real that I couldn’t help but fall in love with them.
Diane Alberts’ writing style is wonderful and I truly enjoyed the third person limited omniscient narration. I liked being able to know what Thomas was thinking and not Brianna and visa versa throughout the story. She brings out the emotions of Thomas and Brianna through her words and makes you feel like they are your emotions too. Thank you for the story of Thomas and Brianna!





No comments:

Post a Comment