Search whispered words

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Famously Engaged



I give Robyn Thomas’ Famously Engaged 3 stars. Rock god, Jake Olsen railroads his way into Beth Carlisle’s life by creating a fake engagement, announced to the world, in order to keep her ex-husband away. Why the interest in this adventure? The ex, Brad, is about to marry Jake’s sister and he thinks Brad is still hung up on Beth. He couldn’t let his sister get hurt. Little does Jake know, he has set himself on a path that could surely only lead to his heart’s (and Beth’s) destruction.
I really loved the concept of this story, but I didn’t give it higher than 3 because there were just too many gaps, storylines jumped and confusion in the first several chapters. As the story progressed, there were less gaps and the story flowed together nicely. I truly enjoyed the book from the halfway point to the end. My other issue was the cover. The picture of the cover is clearly NOT of Jake because he is blonde with longer hair. This is a point of interest and Beth doesn’t particularly care for his hair and made into kind of a big deal, so I’m confused as to why the guy on the cover is not blonde.
Overall, I enjoyed Robyn’s writing and the interesting tale told of Jake and Beth. I would be intrigued for there to be a second book continuing their love story.

*I received an ARC for my honest review and this is my honest to goodness, straight from the heart review!*

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Famously-Engaged-Entangled-Indulgence-ebook/dp/B00CGFEICS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1371487961&sr=1-1&keywords=famously+engaged



No comments:

Post a Comment