Search whispered words

Sunday, June 23, 2013

For Love or Money

Cathy Perkins’, For Love or Money kept me guessing the age old question “Who done it?” throughout the entire novel! Growing up reading James Patterson, that is a definite achievement. I thought I would know who it was and then some new twist would develop and I would be back to square one.
Holly Price and JC Dimitrak are what drew me into the book and from there I couldn’t seem to put it down. Having been previously engaged to each other, one walk out, one affair, and six years later, Holly and JC are thrown unwillingly back into each others lives because of murder. But not just any murder, the murder of Holly’s friend. And she is the main suspect.
Both Holly and JC are determined to find the true killer, but they have different ideas about how to do that. It is Detective Dimitrak’s job, but he can’t seem to keep Holly from poking around and trying to get answers herself. Answers that continue to put her in near-death situations.
With their emotions running high and their past wounds being ripped open, these two are on a sure-fire track to destruction unless they can figure out who the killer.
I adored Holly’s character because of her tenacity, determination, and strength to not let a man rule her life. However, I loved JC’s drive to protect Holly and they only way he knew how was to have some control over her life.
Cathy’s writing is phenomenal! Pages slipped by as I lost myself in the mind and world of Holly Price.

(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)



No comments:

Post a Comment