Search whispered words

Saturday, June 22, 2013

South of Surrender

5 Steamy Stars!!

I discovered Laura Kaye’s books two years ago when I read Her Forbidden Hero, fell in love with that story, and went on to read more of her books. South of Surrender once again proves to me how much I love Laura’s books and I can’t wait to read every single book she has and the upcoming books.
In South of Surrender, we get the inside life of Chrysander Notos and Laney Summerlyn. Laney intrigued me from the get go by her determination to be independent in spite of her near blindness. Her kind heart and willing sacrifices for those she loves really takes her above and beyond normal human compassion. Chrysander is instantly drawn to her because of her selflessness and her independence. Chrysander struggles with his own in turmoil of believing he brings devastation and destruction everywhere he goes, and especially to those he cares about.
Chrys is battling his older brother who has many crimes to account for, but he doesn’t want to kill him, only save him. Eurus makes this admirable cause an impossibility for Chrys when he goes for Laney. No matter how hard Chrys tries to stay away from her to keep her safe, he realizes that with him is the only true protection for her. But what does that mean for Chrysander and his draw to her warmth?
South of Surrender has an incredible number of layers to its story. The synopsis doesn’t even begin to cover every thing, every person, every mythological creature, and every God that makes their appearance. I couldn’t believe the amount of things that kept popping up, creating an even more in-depth story than just Chrysander and Laney’s. With Laura’s incredible writing, I never was lost in the story, other than in the sense of losing myself to this riveting tale. I recommend this book to EVERYONE! I cannot wait for the 4th installment of this series J

Thank you Laura for Chrysander and Laney; they have found a place on my favorite characters list!

(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)

Go Get It!!
Amazon / B&N



*The first two Hearts of Anemoi books*
North of Need
goodreads / Amazon / B&N

West of Want

No comments:

Post a Comment