Search whispered words

Monday, June 17, 2013

SEAL of Honor

What can I say about SEAL of Honor that would do it justice? 5 stars speak pretty highly, but it was so much more than that. I personally enjoyed Tonya Burrows’ book because of the military and government aspect of it. With my husband working towards being on the police force, I would get excited when I recognized the different guns and lingo used. But that is just a side note. Everything from the characters to the action to the outcome had me on my seat and not wanting to put this book down.
I loved Gabe and his determination to not disappoint anyone, his commanding persona and the change he undergoes. The whole HORNET team stole my heart with their drastic personality differences, their constant clashing and arguing, yet, at the end of the day, their need and desire to get the job done. But my favorite character of all was Audrey.
I aspire to be the strong, free-spirited person that she is. With her drive to save her brother, and not back down when things go to Hell, yet keeping her loving and caring nature, she is someone to be admired.
When a book involves men from different career paths (FBI, CIA, Navy SEAL) and no longer being on those paths, but desperately wishing they were, you can imagine how things would go from bad to worse when trying to rescue a hostage worth over 62 million dollars from guerilla territory. Oh, and they aren’t even supposed to be there. Gabe must lead his six men, who have never trained together on a mission to save Audrey’s brother. With his badly injured, never fully recovered foot, and the distraction of Audrey, nothing goes right for Gabe and he must figure out a way to keep all of them alive while still completing their mission.
Tonya weaves an amazing story that will keep you riveted from beginning to end. She is incredibly knowledgeable in regards to everything military and government used in her book. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next HORNET book!


(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)



1 comment: