Search whispered words

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Well done, Kate. Well done.

It has been awhile since I read a book that made me uncomfortable, have dreams that scare me, keep me completely enraptured, all while loving (and loathing a few) characters and the life they breath into the book. But it's okay because I keep thinking that I know how the book will end, where each character will be, and life will be happy. But oh, no! The author of Flawed had other things in mind. The twist to the tale was like a sucker punch to the gut, heart break, and the death of millions of puppies all at the same time. Can you tell I bawled my eyes out? Good thing Maximus wasn't home to witness that unpleasant and embarrassing event. And,of course,the story does come to an end; Not one that I expected. And I closed the book thinking how much I hated it, but after a few hours of the story and characters still being on my mind, I thought about how that was the point of it all!!!
Damn if that book didn't pull at my emotions and heart strings in the most marvelous and horrible ways and made me really think about it in a real-life kind of way. As much as I would have liked for there to be different outcomes for certain characters, I couldn't help but think "it had to be that way".
Then I began commending the author, Kate Avelynn, for writing Flawed and taking that risk of writing such an intense emotional story that most people will have the initial reaction I did. I do hope that most people will grasp the gravity of the story and lives these characters embodied.

No comments:

Post a Comment