Search whispered words

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Twist, Turns, and Loop-D-Loops that is Life


The biggest excuse we can ever give in life is "I'm waiting for a better time" or "I'm waiting for things to slow down". Well, guess what? LIFE WILL NEVER SLOW DOWN! Or get any easier. There may be certain times in your life when you are working extra hard, putting in long days, suffering through difficulties, just trying to get to a certain place. And you may reach that place eventually (yay!!), but it doesn't mean that life is going to be easier just because you've reached that point you have been so desperately striving for. It just means you've reached a new point and life will throw something else your way.
I struggle with this concept everyday, so I'm being quite hypocritical when I say "Suck it up and just do it", but it doesn't mean I don't believe in that conviction.
Life, in the last few years, has been a test of wills and power and changes. Little things over the course of the years have added up to be monumental things, which in turn are things that probably cannot be undone. It has been a learning curve and growth period in huge proportions, and it still isn't over.
I consider the things I keep telling myself I'm going to do, or the things I should be doing, and then I think of why I haven't done them and I find myself full circle to my excuse that dominates all excuses. But really, if it were so incredibly important and an absolute must in needing to be done or attended to, then why haven't I done it or taken care of it? Why have I let it fall to the wayside? Because, now, it no longer seems that important because I clearly didn't seem to care as much as I should. Or I'm just frustrated with everything else in life that I just gave up.
So this, in turn, has changed the person that I am, the person that I once was, and the person I miss. However, I can't say that I'm completely unhappy with myself. I have learned quite a bit about myself and my expectations in life, expectations of myself, and what I seek from others. But, this realization has placed me in a position where I am not fulfilling these expectations, which has caused a negative person to emerge instead of the optimistic, happy, fun, lovable person I used to be. Boy, those were simpler times.
But no fear! I know that life isn't through with me, it will never be through with me until my death, and I am still striving for greatness in my life. It just seems that, currently, I am stuck until something can be done about it. And soon.
Like I said, life will never get any easier, it just gets different and then we're out of time.

So why not do those things you've been making excuses for now? Otherwise, you may not ever get there and regret it down the road when negativity and hardships have taken a hold on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment