Search whispered words

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What defines me

Music.
Music is what keeps me going, keeps me motivated, and makes me feel emotions so deep down that I didn't even know they existed. Music has always been a part of my life and there was never a moment of performing music that I took for granted. It was always my goal to get those listening to feel some sort of emotion while listening to the music that I was performing. Music is what puts the emotions one is supposed to feel at certain times in movies and shows.
If the music is not only instrumental, there is always something behind the lyrics. The songwriter wrote them for a reason and that reason will always be different for each person who hears them and processes them through their mind,their emotions, and their memories.
Sometimes music leaves me longing for something I don't have, either anymore or will never have. Sometimes music leaves me ecstatic and singing at the top of my lungs. Sometimes music goes burning through my veins and I dance without abandon as Maximus shakes his head at me with embarrassment. Sometimes music makes me cry.
No matter what music does to me, music will always define me in some way and I will always be able to apply music to every aspect of my life. Music is a beautiful thing that ignites my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment