Search whispered words

Friday, March 22, 2013

Damn money sucking corporations

Another day, another dollar. Or, in my case, another dollar spent. It's birthday time around my household and all I can think about is spoiling those I love and myself (because yes, my birthday is around here too). But then, after all is said and done, the $ amount haunts me and I think "Why in the hell did I spend that much money?!" Oh wait, that's right. Because I'm a consumer. Hmm, buyer's remorse. What a soul sucking, happiness sapping thing.
Even though I feel this evil emotion after my purchases, I still don't return things because I convince myself it will all be okay eventually and I'll get over it. I do, of course, because I enjoy my items that have caused such turmoil.
I also feel guilty because my husband, Maximus, is incredibly smart with our finances AND he's the money maker, so I'm spending his money willy-nilly. Somehow, that still doesn't stop me. Ugh. The travesties of life and shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment