Search whispered words

Monday, March 25, 2013

Silver Lining

There are people who enjoy life and there are people who enjoy other people's lives and there are those who are stuck in between. Those are the people that have their life, and its not a bad life, it's just that they want something else. A life someone else has. It can be anything from wanting to dress the same way or have the same facial structure. Live in the same house or eat the same foods. Have their job or their significant other, or the freedom of no attachment. And it could very well be a compilation of everything.
The ironic thing is, the person being envied in this situation is probably dissatisfied themselves. We either want more, what we can't have, or upgraded things. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. And if it is greener, it is probably poisonous.
Majority of the time, it is hard to be happy with what we have when all our minds are focused on is what's to come. It is so simple just to lean back and see the great, yet possibly insignificant things we have in life that we are constantly taking advantage of. Like right now, I am sitting in bed, contemplating this and taking advantage of the fact that I have a comfy bed to sleep in tonight, a roof over my head, and a thermostat that I can change to my desired mood of temperature.
Yes, there are things in life I aim to gain and I look to others for examples of such things, however, I try not to forget what I do have and how fortunate I am to be where I am and where I'm heading. Trust me, it could be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment