Search whispered words

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Waiting on the Sidelines

5 WOW-inspired Stars!!

Wow is really the only word that comes to mind when I think of Ginger Scott’s Waiting on the Sidelines. It was really all my brain could compute when I finished reading it.
It is the wonderful coming-of-age tale of one’s first love and heartbreak and self-discovery. Nolan Lennox has always been a tomboy, excelled at sports, and loved her family and humble life. Until a boy came along. Reed Johnson made her question everything about herself and that is dangerous for a 14 year-old girl.
Waiting on the Sidelines spans the four-year high school journey of Nolan and Reed. Fate throws them together when these two are paired for a class science project in which they get to know each other and their friendship blossoms. That is, until the popular junior girl, Tatum, comes into the picture. Tatum snags Reed right out from under Nolan. The first heartbreak for Nolan when it comes to sweet and devilishly charming Reed.
Tatum is mean girl extraordinaire and puts Nolan through hell. But Nolan doesn’t always let Tatum win. But it’s not the battles that matter to Nolan, it’s the war. The war for Reed’s heart.
Reed is always on Nolan’s mind, and Reed wants to be a better person, doing things right, for Nolan. These two are a catastrophe and a perfect match. And their story says it all.

I cannot even begin to describe all of the amazing things in this book because I would just be giving away everything. Ginger’s writing is phenomenal, had me putting off all of my midterms and projects just so I could finish her book and know what happens; it was well worth it. It was heart-pounding, heart-stopping, and completely took my breath away. I may have shed a tear or two. Each character is unique and carves a place in your heart, especially Nolan and Reed.

I can’t say much more other than to go get it and read it yourself.





(I received an ARC from the author via NetGalley for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)

No comments:

Post a Comment