Search whispered words

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Escaping Reality

5 Outstanding Stars!

And by outstanding, I mean, that is a complete understatement for Lisa Renee Jones' Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1). I have read the Inside Out Trilogy by Ms. Jones and I really liked them, but I simply adore the life of Amy and Liam.
There is always something that calls to my inner-romantic when there is a “damsel in distress”. Not any kind of damsel though. More in the realms of a strong woman who has taken care of herself and survived without anyone else.  Enter the devastatingly handsome guy that oozes sex and possessiveness that wants to take care of and protect her and I am putty to the book’s hands. I will dive head first into a story of survival, love, run, don’t run, stay strong, crumble, protect, run, “Oh who am I kidding, I couldn’t leave if I tried”.
Amy Bensen is on the run for her life. For the last six years she has managed to stay off the radar from those who want her dead; those that have been tracking her since the night she lost everything and her world flipped inside out. Of course, Amy isn’t her real name and they have discovered she isn’t who she says she is. She is back on the run and she finds herself on a plane headed to Denver sitting next to the sexy billionaire, Liam Stone.
Amy is instantly drawn to Liam for some unexplainable reason and no matter how hard she tries to escape his depth, he is still there reminding her that her life isn’t safe, things aren’t adding up, and she doesn’t know how to escape Liam so he won’t end up like everyone else in her life; Dead.
As Amy tries to get her new life going in Denver, she realizes there is something wrong with this whole new set-up and she discovers a betrayal that sends her running again, but not away this time. This time, she is running right into the chaos that changed her life.
Amy and Liam are written incredibly well, their personalities clashing and melding and creating havoc within themselves. Both of their walls are crumbling and they have no power to stop it.
I have been rooting for Amy and Liam and whatever it is that brings them together. With a cliffhanger that rivals some of my favorite cliffhangers, I absolutely cannot wait to read the 2nd book Infinite Possibilites.

You Must Get This Book!!



(I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)



AND!! Don't forget about the giveaways and raffles happening now! Go HERE :D to get entered and to hear about a few new releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment