Search whispered words

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Breaking Nova

4 Save My Soul Stars!

Wow. Just Wow. I have never read one of Jessica Sorensen’s books before, (even though I have The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden on my kindle begging me to read it) and after reading Breaking Nova, I cannot wait to get started on her others.
Breaking Nova was incredibly heartfelt, heart breaking, and heart stopping. Nova and her struggle to find her identity along with some form of reason to live after the love of her life dies grabbed a hold of my heart and took me on a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. Add in Quinton, his guilt, regret, disappointment, shame, and death that surrounds him and then I feel like I’m in free-fall.
Nova and Quinton meet through mutual friends, not knowing a thing about each other, but they somehow sense the other is lost, sad, hurting, and not wanting to think about the pain they carry around with themselves every day. They find companionship, passion, numbness, and escape in one another. But their ghosts and self-deprecation still haunts them and they can’t let it go.
Their destructive natures, their downward spiral into finding the emptiness, less-painful way of life has them dragging each other closer and closer to a deep abyss.
Jessica’s writing had me falling with Nova and Quinton, wishing I could claw my way out with them. It was phenomenal on so many levels. I felt a part of the story, like I was the one doing the drugs, doing the drinking, suffering, having panic attacks, feeling the passion, feeling bleak, being hopeful, and the list goes on and on. At one point, I had to put it down and wait a couple days before diving back in because of the intense way it swallowed me up. I loved it.
Breaking Nova is a story of two young people who have demons they live with that no one should have, and even though their demons are different, they’re affected in similar ways and giving each other reason to fight them. But will they win their battles when everything, not just their demons, continues to hold them down?

Find out and go get it!!




(I received an ARC via Netgalley for my honest review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)

No comments:

Post a Comment