Search whispered words

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Some Like It Spicy

4.5 Hot Heat Stars!

I’m not much of a cook, I leave that to my husband, but I have always enjoyed watching Food Network and eating new things. Robbie Terman’s Some Like It Spicy was a book version of those things to me and so much more!
Ashton Grey is a strong, slightly angry, defensive, and determined chef, but she has one problem: her restaurant is failing and she’s about to be forced into closing. This would be an ultimate failure on more levels that just her restaurant being unsuccessful. She would be failing her best friends and partners, her parents would be disappointed and ashamed, and this is all she has to live for. After a massive tantrum with a customer, Ashton is approached to be on a cooking competition show, The Next Celebrity Chef. She hates being critiqued and lashes out on those who do it and dreads  having to do this show, but it’s her only shot at saving her restaurant.
In walks Ty Cates, the shows host and sexy celebrity chef. Ashton swoons, like every other woman who lays eyes on him, but she can’t lose her focus over him. However, the street seems to run both ways and Ty is doing everything he can to be alone with Ashton, even though he has signed a contract that means legally he can’t have any relationship with contestants. But they can sneak around and hide things, right?
Some Like It Spicy has an incredible amount of layers that are woven so well into this story, with writing that had me laughing and cringing and on the edge of my seat. I read this in one day, refusing to put it down until I knew what would happen between Ty and Ashton.

(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)




No comments:

Post a Comment