Search whispered words

Monday, July 29, 2013

Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!

3.5 Animalistic Stars

I enjoyed Candace Havens’ Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! The title alone had me intrigued. This book has betrayal, vows to never fall in love again, the undeniable desire to break that vow, small town characteristics, stubborn women, and pig-headed men. Oh, and of course, how could I forget, humans that turn into animals.
The heiress, Ainsley McLeon, is on the run from her family after someone tried to kill her. She finds herself in the last place they’ll look; Montana. Getting caught in a blizzard, a run in with a tiger and needing her truck fixed, she decides to work at the one bar in town. That bar just happens to be owned by Luc. A bear of a man, he does not want Ainsely in or around his bar, but he has no choice when his big heart wins out and cannot let her sleep on the street. She takes up residence in his place and things go from bad to worse in a matter of pages. The temperature is rising between the two, but Ainsely can never know what Luc is or what majority of the town is. They are shifters (turning human to animal) and it would be dangerous for her to find out that information. But can Luc handle the feelings that are bursting in him every time Ainsely is around? Can he keep his temper in check when his sudden need to protect her comes into play? Could Ainsely handle the truth and will she ever be able to stop hiding from her family?
Ainsely and Luc have such a unique connection and such horrific backgrounds that I couldn’t help but root for them, yet enjoyed their stubbornness is attempting to ignore what is between them.
Candace packs in so many brilliant twists and turns in this story that took me by surprise, but I give it 3.5/5 because I craved more to each of these outcomes where I felt the surface was only scratched. I could see this book being expanded into at least another book to capture all the amazing ideas here. I also wish there had been more shifting happening. Being that shifters where a huge aspect to the story and who Luc is, I was surprised there wasn’t a lot more animals emerging throughout.
Overall, this was a fun read and wonderfully written and I adored the characters!

(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)



No comments:

Post a Comment