Search whispered words

Monday, July 15, 2013

Love Him or Leave Him

4 Big-City-Lights Stars!

I have always wondered what it would be like to grow up in a small town, wishing that I had and I still want to raise a family in a small town. Sara Daniel’s Love Him or Leave Him just solidified that dream for me. I truly enjoyed this heartwarming tale of Becca and Connor in small town Kortville, IL.
Becca is feisty, strong, sticks by those she loves, and carried more on her shoulders than any young person ever should. After her dreams of leaving Kortville for college and to explore the world were shattered, she couldn’t wait to get out of town a decade later when she saw the chance. Especially after Connor O’Malley came back into the picture. She would never forgive him for believing the rumor mill of the small town, not trusting her, not sticking up for her, and letting her reputation sink in high school. There was a reason why he was her ex-boyfriend and no amount of time had healed her heart from his betrayal. Yet, Connor still showed up with a need for help that no one else but Becca saw. And Becca’s good nature couldn’t be so cold towards him.
Connor has suffered immensely from self-pity and guilt from not being able to protect those close to him and he doesn’t think he could ever be able to give Becca everything she deserves. Yet, he just can’t help himself. He wants Becca to be his.
As things in the usually quiet town of Kortville start to escalate in acts of extreme vandalism, the town seems to be against Becca once again and it’s up to Connor to pick a side, once again.
I didn’t know how to handle Becca’s situation. I’m not sure I would have handled things the way she did (and her way was much better) and that’s what I was most drawn to with her. She was strong and knew herself well enough that she could stand up for what she believed to be right. Connor also found a soft spot with me in his need to do everything right by Becca, even if it was too late.
Sara’s writing had a way of making the reading effortless and incredibly enjoyable, letting the time slip away J

(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review)



No comments:

Post a Comment