Search whispered words

Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Demon's Desire

4 Storm Raising Stars!

Kendra Leigh Castle does it again with The Demon’s Desire. The second book to Hearts of the Fallen series, I have found another fallen angel that has captured my heart. With his brooding, unaccepting of love and forgiveness, and let’s not forget the lightning, Meresin is downright sexy and I wanted to save him!
Fortunately for us (and him) he has Drusilla. Sister to the vampire King of Terra Noctem, she has the spine of steel, a fighter, finding good in everyone, and is relentless in not giving Meresin the one thing he wants from everyone; to be left alone.
But one day, Meresin loses control and he is forced down the one path he has dreaded from the very beginning, almost more than being trapped in a cage and tortured in Hell. And he must do this alone until one event leads to another and he no longer can leave Dru behind.
As Dru and Meresin make their journey into Purgatory to find what Meresin is looking for, they both discover things about themselves and each other that will change things forever. But is that enough? Will they accept these realizations or will they push each other away, causing their imminent destruction?
I couldn’t get enough of Dru’s spunk and sass and her no-nonsense attitude. She is the true opposite of Meresin which makes her his perfect match. Meresin is incredibly delicious in the tortured soul sort of way. These two and their interactions are frustrating yet in-line with who they are.
The Demon’s Desire is a perfect follow up to The Demon’s Song and I cannot wait for the next Hearts of the Fallen!!
*Here is my review for The Demon's Song, the story of Phenex and Sofia

Note: The Demon’s Desire can be read by itself, but I HIGHLY recommend reading the first book just because it is awesome :D


(I received an ARC for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)

Go Get It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment