Search whispered words

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blindness

Blindness
By Ginger Scott

5 Trick-Turning Stars!!



I finished Blindness awhile ago, but I've been struggling to write the review. Not because it was terrible. Oh no. Quite the opposite. This book was fantastic and I want to do it justice.

Ginger Scott's other two books, Waiting on the Sidelines and Going Long are among my favorites, especially the couple, Nolan and Reed. When I heard about Blindness, I was excited for another Ginger Scott novel, but also anxious because Nolan and Reed's story is a hard one to follow up.
But what can I say other than Ms. Scott has done it.

The story of Cody, Charlie and Trevor is a compelling, heart-wrenching, edge-of-your-seat, book clenching one.

Charlie, no wait, Charolette, has a less than stellar upbringing with a drug-addict mother who dropped her off on her father's doorstep as a pre-teen without a glance back. Mac had no idea he was a father until Charlie showed up. He didn't know how to be a dad, but they made it work and Charlie had someone to rely on and who loved her. Until one day that was taken away too soon and Charlie was left with a need she didn't know how to fill.

Trevor was her saving grace, or so she thought. Sweet, caring, highly respected Trevor loves Charolette, takes care of her and has their whole future mapped out. When Charolette is all of a sudden out of a place to live, he doesn't hesitate to have her move in with him at his parent's posh mansion. This is what Charolette wants; she wants a secure life with a man who loves her, wouldn't leave her and she doesn't have to think about her past of the tragedy that struck her life.
But at what cost? Living with Trevor puts Charolette in the realm of ex-motocross star, Cody. Cody is the opposite of Trevor. He does what he wants, says and acts on what he feels without thought, his life isn't stable, he has no money and going to lose even more. But he's real. Cody makes Charolette see that Charlie is really who she is and she will never be completely happy as Charolette.

Charlie begins to crave the nearness of Cody and the person she is with him. But Trevor is a good guy that can take care of her forever. Cody's volatile personality finally reaches its breaking point and Charlie needs to make a decision.
But what happens when she goes back on her decision? When everyone could lose everything?

I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I loved and hated (with passion) the angst and desire these characters went through. When I thought I had decided on what I would like to have happen, Ginger would throw in a new twist, a new mess, a new obstacle, and I wouldn't know anymore. 

Anyone can see Ginger's passion for her stories and her characters through her writing and I truly enjoy every novel she has presented to the world.

I am begging you, Ms. Scott, Keep them coming!!!


Go Get It Now!!

Amazon / B&N 

No comments:

Post a Comment