Search whispered words

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Forever Loved





Just a little warning if you haven’t read the first of this series, Forever Innocent, READ that one first! It is incredible. My review for it is here.

Okay so now for my review of Deanna Roy’s Forever Loved. I was sucked into the continuing story of Corabelle and Gavin. I had so much hope and expectations for them during their first book, but when all of the secrets came out in the end and Corabelle decided she wanted the ocean to swallow her and not give her back (literally), I was shattered and couldn’t wait to see what happened next. But I had to wait… 3 MONTHS! But it was worth the wait.

4 Heart-Twisting Stars!

Synopsis:

“How do I tell the woman I love that I fathered a son with a prostitute?”

After four long years of separation, Gavin has finally reunited with his childhood love Corabelle. She’s forgiven him for leaving her during the funeral of their seven-day-old baby, and also for where he ended up — in Mexico to get a vasectomy.

A message from Rosa, a prostitute he met the day of his surgery, brings his life to a crashing halt. She claims Gavin has fathered a son, now three years old and living with her cousin in Ensenada. He doesn’t know if he can trust Rosa, who never mentioned the boy before, or if his delicate reconciliation with Corabelle can withstand the shock if it is true.

Corabelle believes their future together is the right thing despite their past. But when she learns of this other child, the one thing she lost long ago and might never have again with Gavin, Corabelle’s faith that her life will ever follow her old dream is shattered. To make things right for Gavin and his son, she just might have to let go of the only person she always believed would be her forever love.


Corabelle kind of got on my nerves here and there when she wouldn’t speak her mind or swing to the other side of spectrum and overreact, but I’m sure I would be the same way if I was stuck in the hospital with my boyfriend and parents constantly arguing. I tended to overlook these things when Corabelle started making decisions about her actions (and reactions) that were tough on her, but made her stronger. I could see she was growing as a person and no longer numb to life.
Gavin continued to stay in my good graces and on my I’m-rooting-for-you list even though some of his actions throughout the book would suggest he was just bailing on Corabelle again. He was growing up, making difficult decisions, fighting for his love and what he believed to be right.
Enter Rosa and Manuelito. The prostitute and the son. Gavin had to make a life altering decision when he got the call that he was a father to a three-year old boy. Why did it have to be a boy? Gavin had a son and Corabelle didn’t. Life seemed to putting them through the ringer.

Life is never easy, life will always be throwing curve balls, but it is how we deal with them that define our strengths and our weaknesses.
Corabelle and Gavin’s strengths powered through more than most and I fell more in love with them, their relationship and their missing piece; Finn.

Deanna’s phenomenal writing in the first book carries to this one, keeping the characters true to their personalities while changing them right before your eyes.


Get It Now!




(I received an ARC via the author for my review and this is my honest-to-goodness, straight from the heart review!)

No comments:

Post a Comment